For research that focuses on leukaemia, lymphoma or blood related diseases
• The scheme is open to researchers in all faculties and institutes of the University of Tasmania; departments within Tasmanian hospitals; and the Department of Health and Human Services.
• The research must focus on leukaemia, lymphoma or blood related diseases. It includes population health strategies, medical research, clinical and psychosocial care.
• An individual can only be listed on one grant as a lead chief investigator (CI) at any one time. Achievement of deliverables on previous DCLFofT grants will be considered when assessing requests.
• Closing date and time of the scheme, formatting length and supporting documentation requirements must be strictly adhered to. Applicants not meeting these requirements will not be eligible for funding.
• Quality of the research proposal, including feasibility and budget (50%)
• Research capacity, including track record and research team (25%)
• Applications with an early career researcher as the lead investigator will receive additional 20% weighting in this category. Please indicate on the form if you are an early career researcher. This includes those who obtained their PhD or highest degree ≤ 5 FTE years ago or who have had no grants as a lead investigator (>$10,000). If you are unsure whether you meet this criterion, please contact DCLFofT.
• Research significance and innovation, including alignment with the strategic direction of DCLFofT and broader contribution to the field of research (25%).
• Full electronic applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications will be distributed to the relevant review panel.
• Members of the panel will individually assess, score and rank applications.
• Ranked applications will then be discussed at a DCLFofT meeting to consolidate a score and ranking.
• The committee of DCLFofT will then make a funding recommendation.
• Applicants will be informed of their outcome in early 2015.
Conditions of Grant
• The term of each funding round will be 12 months.
• Research funding must be spent, as outlined in the application, by the project close date. Unspent funds will be reclaimed.
• A Final Report must be submitted.
• No part of the funding is to be used for external conference attendance.
• If a sole CI leaves their current employment, then the grant must be relinquished.
• Funding cannot be used for salaries, or to fund a Research Higher Degree candidate’s stipend or fees.
Funding is subject to investigators obtaining relevant ethics committee approvals.
Applications close Tuesday 28th February 2017
Email Applications to: The Secretary
MOBILE 0475 182 989
PO BOX 372 HOBART 7001
© 2016 Copyright David Collins Leukaemia Foundation of Tasmania Inc. - Created by Blue Box Design